Important security information
Many banks and financial institutions especially in the English speaking countries have been targets of so-called phishing attacks.
Phishing is a form of Internet scam where customers are led to give their personal authentication data to hackers. Bank customers have received e-mails or phone calls where they have been asked to give their netbank passwords, credit card numbers and PINs.
Some financial institutions in Finland, Norway and Sweden were attacked by phishers. Many citizens and our customers in our market area have received scam e-mails in the name of financial institutions where confidential information is asked for criminal purposes.
How can I be sure that I'm dealing with Nordea and not an impostor?
Nordea will never send you an e-mail or call you asking for your passwords, credit card numbers, or other sensitive information.
If you are required to enter personal information to perform a transaction, it is always done in our systems such as Nordea private ebanking after an ordinary log in. In this way we know who you are, and you can be sure that it is really Nordea you are communicating with.
How can I protect myself?
We want your online experience to be enjoyable and trouble-free. That is why Nordea uses encryption and other security procedures. We also want to make you aware of some simple security tips you can follow while shopping and banking online at home:
- Act quickly if you have surrendered your identification codes into the wrong hands. Contact Nordea immediately.
- Do not send sensitive personal or financial information unless it is encrypted on a secure website. Regular e-mails are not encrypted and correspond to sending a post card. Look for the padlock symbol on the bottom bar of the browser to ensure that the site is running in secure mode before you enter sensitive information.
- Do business only with companies you know and trust.
- Monitor your transactions. Review your order confirmations, credit card and bank statements as soon as you receive them to make sure you are being charged only for the transactions you made. Immediately report any irregularities in your Nordea accounts by calling your Account Manager.
- Keep your PC updated with the latest security patches and antivirus software. If possible, use a personal firewall and remember to change your default password on, for example your WLAN / ADSL modem.
- Do not go to bank or payment sites by clicking links in e-mails etc - Be sure you go to the intended location by typing the URL / internet address yourself in the browser.